Are you ready to start your second life?
Retirement could be tomorrow or in another 40 years, but we all need to ask ourselves one important question… “Will my money last as long as I live?”. Retirement isn’t what it used to be. Australians are now on average living longer, meaning your super needs to stretch even further to cover living expenses.
What will your first day of retirement look like? Have you considered how you’ll fund the lifestyle you’re dreaming of? While you’re still working, you may have more flexibility to make changes and more opportunity to boost your retirement savings.
There’s a lot to think about when planning your retirement.
The sooner you start planning the better chance you have of getting the retirement lifestyle you want.
Before we can answer what retirement may look like for you, we work with you and discuss questions like:
- What type of lifestyle do you want in retirement?
- How will you spend your time?
- How will your partner spend theirs?
- Are there any ‘must haves’ on your dream list?
- When you’re not working do you expect your living costs to go up or down?
- Have you estimated how much you’ll need a week to live on?
- Are there things you can be doing today that will boost your retirement savings?